Friday, December 09, 2005

The art of bullshitting

A lie is a statement made by someone who believes or suspects it to be false, in the expectation that the hearers may believe it. Thus a true statement may be a lie if the speaker thinks it is false. Fictions, though false, are not lies. Depending on definitions, a lie can be a genuine falsehood or a selective truth, a lie by omission, or even the truth if the intention is to deceive or to cause an action not in the listener's interests. To lie is to tell a lie. ...en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lie

Everyone lies. Be it a white lie, black lie or for whatever reason it is, everyone lies. I'd prefer to call it bullshit. Everyone bullshits. When I was young, I used to bull my way around in order to avoid getting thrashed by my mom. Of course, being inexperienced, I ended up getting thrashed throughout my primary days. Bullshitting is regardless of age and race.

Anyone can bullshit. It is the art of bullshitting convincingly which is hard. Get that a lot at my working environment. I mean bullshitting which are 0% convincing. It can be pretty irritating at times when a person try to bullshit and he aint even convincing enough. I would rather have a simple answer, perhaps more direct to the point. And most of the time, you get a lot of bullshit when you are asking for a favour -big or small. Guess I sound like I am writing all this because I got turned down when asking for a favour. Nah, I just got a bit pissed at all the unconvincing bullshit happening around. Imagine standing in front of a bull and watch it shit right there in front of you. Not a lovely sight.

My point here is, if you want to bullshit, at least make it convincing. Do not end up making a fool of yourself and pissing the one you are talking to.

...

Alright! Alright! I was pissed off...


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

As convincing as a band 6 rather than a band 5? hahaha, and we believed in that for what? 4 years?

Angry Panda said...

haha erm, yea. That was the highest art of bullshitting. Perfect. Flawless.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm.... hope not anyone from KLIA that your trying to direct this art to ler.

Anonymous said...

I mean, I mean...