Thursday, February 16, 2006

Fishing class

Went for my fishing class late last night. With my rival of course, who now boasts of 2 patins caught in the school's vicinity.

Reached there to find my lecturer holding a shotgun. Thinking that I came to the wrong class, I was about to open my mouth and ask when he said "Bloody monkeys!". I also learnt that there were otters, monitor lizards, and also pythons for the shooting.

Anyhow, class started and soon enough, we found out that we got our fishing techniques from A-Z wrong. Wrong hook size, wrong knots, wrong bait, wrong technique, wrong anticipation and wrong reaction. All wrong. No wonder we always seem like losers at the other side of the pond.

Were also given an introduction of branded rods and reels and a test use of one of the finest rods in the world. I know you guys now are thinking that its just a rod and reel and how much difference can there be. Well, cant expect much from the majority of people who always say "If want fish, go and buy fish lar!" Our admiration for the rods and reels can be compared to those guys driving Malaysian cars admiring those super foreign cars.

Most enjoyable part of the class was when I was given the chance to reel in a fish. A real fish which was just 2.4 kg but my hand felt all sore and tired after reeling it in. In fact, I couldnt have reeled it in without guidance of the lecturer. That shows how amateurs we were.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can never understand the joy of fishing and golf.

Angry Panda said...

Its complicated.