Thursday, March 16, 2006

Manga Freak

Thanks to my ever 'busy' job and Anime Source, I had been on a manga reading marathon for a pretty long time. I can't really recall the time I started, but ever since I started, I haven't stopped. But problem with me, I'd finish any manga I start reading to the end, be it good or bad. Freak.

Currently stuck at this pretty long manga called Hajime No Ippo, a boxing manga. The story is about this guy, Ippo, who always gets bullied till one day when a boxer, Takamura comes in to his rescue. This resulted as a turning point of Ippo's life where he decided to give a try at boxing and eventually become a champion boxer. The storyline gets kinda repetitive after a while where its all about match ups, training, learning new abilities or moves, more match ups and more trainings. But what I really enjoy about this manga would be small jokes they add in which really cracks me up. And another thing that attracts me would be the actual boxing techniques involved. I realized this fact while I was playing a Tekken 5 boxing character. An addictive manga which doesn't fail to make you click for more pages.



Another manga that I will surely recommend would be Gantz. A sci-fi manga where the story would be about a mysterious room that will 'save' people who die, provide them special armor suits and weapons, and let them battle out aliens or monsters as if it was a game. Lots of blood, gruesome scenes, and a dash of sex scenes to make it a complete package. Highly addictive. Start reading at own risk.






One step closer to being an otaku/fanatic.

No comments: