Tuesday, December 05, 2006

The damned

Had been suffering from writer's block this couple of weeks. Gonna write some crap up so that other people don't get irritated looking at the picture of the frog.

A friend invited Marve to some concert kinda event and he somehow managed to convince me to go. He thought that it was like some grand happening concert with cool bands and lots of chicks. I was expecting the usual kinda gathering where I'd pretend to smile and look happy but feel like an asshole within.

The first thought that crossed my mind when we reached the place was to turn around and run. A couple of guys standing at the entrance which led up a stairway litted by candles arranged all the way up. Thought I accidentally walked into Falun Gong cult or da KKK. Anyway, I felt an errie feeling run down my spine. Anyway, couldn't run away as they spotted me and speared me up the stairs.

Walked into a room with more candles, mats on the floor, sacrificing altar, blood, skulls and lots of spears. Alright, alright. My crapping is going way lame. It was a hall litted nicely by candles with nice decoration and a small stage in front. The bands performing were alright, but then again, we were all sitting cross-legged on the floor so I was more concerned with my numb feet which felt like a million ants biting. Yea, my blood circulation sucks big time and I always get dead feet. We decided to sneak out soon later.

I never had a thing for religious kinda gatherings. Be it a Christian gathering or a Buddhist gathering. Havent been to a Muslim gathering though. I get uncomfortable singing praises at a church or holding hands saying praise at the dinner table. And the last time I went to a Buddhist gathering, I almost died trying to control my laugher while reciting sutras/ chanting in Pali. As much as I enjoy reading or learning on religions, I just don't feel right getting involved with them.

Guess I'm damned after all.

There. No more picture of the frog. Hope everyone's happy.

No comments: