Thursday, April 17, 2008

First scare

I received a short call from my housemate, Julian.

Then I received another sms from him and my iPhone went black.

I clicked on the unlock button. Nothing happened. I tried turning it off. Still nothing. Zero response. Silence. This can't be happening. I only had it for a week. This can't be really happening.

Fear started building up and after ten minutes, still nothing.

The only thing that kept playing in my mind at that time was:

"KNN CCB !!! THAT FUCKING GUY DAMN SUI MAN!! NIAMAH KNN CCB!!!!"

All this while, I always joked about him being a total jinx to me. At that time I was ready to redefine a word in my dictionary forever.

jinx (jngks)
n.
1. A person or thing that is believed to bring bad luck.
2. A condition or period of bad luck that appears to have been caused by a specific person or thing.
tr.v. jinxed, jinx·ing, jinx·es
3. Julian
To bring bad luck to.

I rushed home hoping that it just ran out of juice. When I reached my room, I suddenly heard a familiar sound. It felt like years since I last heard that melodic tune. It was my phone. It was ringing. It was fucking ringing and I could answer it.

It turned out that the unlocking feature somehow screwed up. I plugged on the power and I managed to unlock the phone. It still had the problem after I unplugged it, and I tried restarting the phone. It worked perfectly fine again after that. Like the past hour was just a bad dream.

I finally managed to breath again.

I checked my pulse and it was back to normal again.

Relieved.

Oh yea. *cough* Sorry about that Julian. I can be pretty superstitious at times.

No hard feelings ya.

*cough*


2 comments:

Julian said...

-_-"

Anonymous said...

oh ya.. i haven't found the time to meet up with your iphone.. i mean you. ha ha ha :P