Saturday, March 30, 2013

Jakarta Nightlife

So, I did it again.

Just an hours nap, I said. I always tend to nap after heavy meals. Still don't get people who go "How can you sleep after such a heavy meal?" It's more like how can you NOT take a nap after a heavy meal. The urge is like wanting to have a cigarette after a meal. It just comes naturally.

Now I am wide awake at 2am listening to the ventilation fan and the buzzing of the water cooler in my studio apartment.

Fuck. Now that I mentioned it, I just keep hearing it. It's like suddenly you are conscious of your own breathing and it is just annoying that you actually have to actively breathe. Now, I shouldn't have mentioned that either.

Been in Jakarta for over a month now.

Lets see if I can summarize my life here so far.

1. Work, the main reason I am here.
2. Machet which means traffic jam in Bahasa Indonesia. The traffic here is so bad that it is alright to use it as a communication starter.
3. Nasi padang, my daily food.
4. Sopranos. Just finished 6 seasons of it and still not too sure how to feel about the final episode.
5. Dota 2.

It is now 2.15am.

This is going to be a long night.


No comments: