Monday, May 16, 2005

Nothing new...

Well, there is nothing new or amazing about this blog. Probably had already published the same old story for countless times. But heck.

Somehow today, I was really early. Managed to beat the traffic, picked up my colleague and we were still way earlier than the usual time. And the sun was up today. It havent been like this for a while. Normally it will be cloudy with signs of rain. But today it was shiny and hot day.

Wat a perfect day, I thought to myself. Then my ride suddenly became bumpy at the back. And from my countless experience, I could tell from the first bump i felt. Another f**king puncture. Spoilt my "perfect" day. No wonder i prefer rainy days to sunny days.


Me and my bike Posted by Hello

I was wondering what options I had on a highway. The next row of motorbike service shops were quite a distance away. At the moment, the only option was to push the bike to those shops. After pushing for a while, it crossed my mind to leave the bike there for a while and take a cab to work. Then I remembered the bike that was left there for a while now. It was a full bike the first day i saw it. A puncture perhaps? And the next day, only its skeleton was left. So hell no!


The stripped bike Posted by Hello

I then decided to call my housemate for help. While waiting, I slowly pushed the bike to the shops. Pushed and pushed and pushed and we finally reached the bottom of the flyover. Laurent havent reached and the repair shops were on the other side of the road where it was quite impossible to get across (unless I run across a rail road). So, we didnt have a choice but to wait for Laurent, my housemate.

Suddenly, out of no where, this guy came on his bike with tyres hanging on both sides of his steering and has plastics filled with stuff. He said that he was fixing bikes and being late for work, he had to do. Soon enough, Laurent arrived and he couldnt get a mechanic to come over. Almost got into some accident while trying to cut in to the curb. My sincere apologies to him and my many thanks. So the guy fixed my bike, charged a high price (expected) and we departed off to work. Reached work at 11am. Work started at 9. Luckily the boss, didnt come over to my department. Still considering to OT or not later.


My saviour Posted by Hello

I hate sunny days.

No comments: