Monday, August 22, 2005

Never trust Magazine's competition

At least from my ex company's magazine...Parenthink!, Ibu Ayah and the chinese version. Man, I am in the mood for complaining.

Well, first of all, i sincerely doubt that the magazine sells well. Its obvious from the tonnes of leftover magazines stacked in the office. Anyway, back to the topic, the magazine organizes contests in every issue. The number of contestants are limited. The number cant even fill in all the position for prizes. Remember the rule that no family member of a staff in the company can participate? Well, for my company, 6/10 entries are from the boss's kids.

And there are more. The ones in charge of choosing the winners have the cheek to say that an entry is not up to standard and would be disqualified. And all the leftover prizes would be kept for themselves. And to think that it is a parenting magazine. I even saw them choosing what prizes they wanted for themselves before the contest was launched.

But I have to add that not everyone is like that. There is one who is really fair and honest when it comes to these contests and stuff. I guess wherever you go, there would be the good guys and the bad asses.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey is the good one refering to me ah. if so u wil be forgiven la. haha

Anonymous said...

hey bastard, don get me into hot soup ok. they wil know im the one supplying u all this top secret, confidential info. if u really enjoy bashing me tis way, at least have the courtesy to help me find another job first.

Anonymous said...

Looks like their environment's still the same, two years after their founding. Turnover rate as high as usual... If you can survive three months, that's considered long. Yet no matter what, so many people keep coming in for interviews, making for a ready supply of recruits.