Saturday, October 29, 2005

every cloud has a silver lining...watever that means...

Had already given hope on joy. Basically it was just back to work till the wee hours of the morning with nothing to look forward to. Came to work on a Saturday, chatted a bit, surfed a bit, popped in some LAN cables, and work was done. Being lifeless, I stayed in office. The next guy in shift came in and I casually asked him if he would switch off days with me so I could go to Langkawi.

It was just a casual question actually. But then he checked the schedule for a while and said yes. I blinked. I confirmed what I just heard and my heart rejoiced! I was elated, excited and ... watever word that can express happiness.

Went back home in a happy mood. Showered forever in that god damned toilet, and started to read a book in a relaxed mood. Tonight, I thought to myself, Im gonna sleep like a baby. Havent had a good night's sleep in a while. Life was finally turning to a better point. I started looking forward to the next day. Life seemed so beautiful now.

The power tripped.

FUCKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Total darkness. I didnt dare go out of my room to check the power. Didnt have a torch. Even if I did, I wonder if I dared. Anyway, I didnt have a torch. The funny thing about this power trip, was that my air con was still running.

Tried to sleep. But in the complete silence of the night, it was hell. Everything sounded so detailed. The fucking fishes kept hitting the surface of the water, crickets chirping, vehicles moving outside and worse of all, the sound of my own breathing.

That was the worse night of my life.

 fucking fishes that wont keep quiet


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

aikss?? u're scared of the dark?? biar betul, bro? :p:p:p

Anonymous said...

hahaha, dark should be afraid of you