Sunday, June 11, 2006

World Cup Day#1

There are times when the heart can predict or sense an outcome. I mentioned earlier in the previous post that I’d follow my heart and bet on Germany. I lost the mind game within myself and decided to betray my heart by taking Costa Rica and ended up picking Costa with a one-and-three-quarter handicap.

All was going fine where the score was now held at 3-2 to Germany with 10 minutes on the clock. I was happily enjoying my beer + stout when suddenly at the 85th minute of the game, a fucking German (I can’t remember his name) blasted a powerful shot into the upper right corner of the net. Final score: 4-2 Germany’s win.

I never finished my drink.

I guess I’d never really liked stout mixed with beer.

The next match was Poland versus Ecuador. Poland gave Ecuador a half ball handicap and I happily picked Poland predicting a nice 1-0 win over Ecuador.

Ecuador scored first.

I went to sleep.

Final Score: Ecuador 2 – Poland 0

Ignorance is bliss.

I slept like a baby.





No comments: