Sunday, June 11, 2006

GLutton trip

Saturday was a road trip in search for food. We (a couple of colleagues and me) went to some Muar restaurant famous for its snakeheads. For those of you who think that a snakehead is a snake, well, it is not. It’s a freaking fish, better known as Haruan locally.

The restaurant was also famous for exotic food such as crocodile and bat meat. Too my disappointment, they didn’t have any of them for that day. After all the talk that crocodile meat was the best and stuff, I felt rather disappointed. So close, yet so far. Anyway, we ended up with some normal dishes like braised terrapin, black peppered frog, white peppered crabs, yam ring stuffed with sweet and sour ribs, deep fried snakehead and snakehead soup.

It was a pretty heavy dinner not mentioning my late lunch consisting of nasi kandar and durians.

After that, drove on to Malacca for more satay celup. Ate till we were at the verge of puking. Imagine all the heaty shit that we consumed for the day. It was no surprise when my body felt as if I was burning the next morning.

Oh, I have a new record as well. I am now 108 kilos.

Sigh.




No comments: