Thursday, July 06, 2006

Noob driver in KL

It just feels great being able to blog today.

Got my new old car a while back and this was the first time driving to KL during rush hour. Brought along a couple of my colleagues so that I don't die alone. I felt lost and disorientated while driving on the road compared to while I'm on the bike. Still need some adaptation to it I guess. Was totally oblivious of my surroundings and had to depend a hundred percent on my navigator. A navigator who directed the way in Mandarin. Not that I totally suck at Mandarin, but I guess I'm two second slow when it comes to left right in Mandarin.


Navigator: Zhuo~! (Left)

Me : Zhuo, zhuo ... oh~! Right~! Shit~! Can't turn~! Too late~!

Navigator: Why didnt you fucking turn earlier???

Me : Zhuo my ass~! Told you I'm a freaking banana.



Anyway, managed to reach our destination - Lowyat and got myself my first 19" LCD. Woo Hoo~! Hmmmmmm, if I cut my rice consumption by two bowls, I should be able to make it through the month.

The ride back was hell. My navigator went on berserk mode and started slamming on the honk whenever a car tries cutting in. He punches the honk whenever he sees some cute gal pass. He even does that when a car moves slow in front.

There goes my hope to live in KL.

Sigh.

Anyway, managed to reach home safely, took a cold shower, read some Buddhist scriptures, and went to bed. Was too shaken to tend to my new toy.

Sniff.




No comments: