Monday, June 18, 2007

Manga passion ignited

Lately, I've been into manga again. All thanks to a fateful gathering where I came face to face with the manga Vagabond at Borders. Had been searching for it for so long and finally, there it was, the only manga which is worth collecting to me. The art and work of Takehiko Inoue has always fascinated me. If that name doesn't ring a bell, then perhaps the manga Slam Dunk should.

Vagabond, based on the legendary samurai, Miyamoto Musashi can basically be summarized to slashing, blood, sex and flying body parts. Yea, it sounds shallow but it is worth every buck of mine.

vagabond cover

vagabondv12206xh8

vagabondv18062qp7

And imported mangas here are bloody expensive and has severely burnt my wallet again. All thanks to that fateful meeting.

2 comments:

Sir Hoe said...

Hei, I am reading this too :D It carries 2 slayers' story and how they eventually meet up. I am up till book 18 already.

Angry Panda said...

Oh. I just passed a whole stack to Lobak. Think thats till vol19. But its out till vol26. Back to Musashi already.