Thursday, March 20, 2008

10K BC/ Kamikaze Girls

One man's meat is another man's poison.

"Its a really nice show. The suspense is good! Its a war movie! You must watch it!"

Those words kept playing in my mind throughout the whole movie. How could I be so naive to trust the words of a 20 year old. I was not moved at all throughout the whole movie. Not a tingle of excitement. Not a pinch of suspense. Shouting of cliches like "Unite and we shall win!", "I won't leave you! I'll come back!" and those kinda shit, sent shivers of boredom down my spine.

10kBC
A more suitable poster for the movie.

Even writing this lame review pisses me off.

Verdict: Total waste of time.

________________________________________________________________________

On the other hand, I caught another movie later at home. At least something I enjoyed and at the comforts of my own room. Maybe I should just give up the cinema.

Kamikaze Girls.

kamikaze-girls-gd_resize

A really colorful movie indeed. Its the kind of movie that exaggerates everything and simply full of crap. Definitely not for those guys who like to question the logic of a movie. Full of crap but absolutely hilarious.

Lolita_resize
Momoko the Lolita

The movie is basically about the meeting and friendship of two girls from two utterly different fashion culture, one a Lolita (doll like fashion with lots of frills, lace, petticoats, and head-dresses) and the other a Yankee (lets just say female bike gangster). Kamikaze Girls portrays a very colorful display of the pop-culture phenomenon and also other classic Japanese culture such as the yakuza, pachinko, biker gangs, etc.

Yankee_resize
Ichigo the Yankee

unicorn_resize
Ryuji the unicorn

A film of pure joy and delight.

10000 times better than 10000BC.

Yea, I'm still not over it.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

kamikaze girls... you got the dvd? it's been quite sometime since i watch it, might worth re-watching again...

Anonymous said...

3 words. full-o-crap. ryuji reminds me of marve thou.

Anonymous said...

wtf...

Angry Panda said...

dont have da dvd. GOt the avi from marvin. Still having it if u want it. Full of crap shows are good.