Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The mad rush

It must have been at least 4 years ago. I vaguely remembered swearing never to attend another PC fair again in my life.

I called up Winghon, the most experienced person to look for when it comes to PC fairs. It was his turf after all, as KLIA used to be mine. As far as I know, he hasn't missed any of the recent fairs. Met up with him at Subang and drove to KL in his mini car.

The place was hell. People swarmed the area like ants coming out from an anthill. They were everywhere. Pick pocketing and ass grabbing should be a stroll in the park.

Decided to get a laptop for my dad. Recalled him complaining about the dying machine at home. This plan was totally ad hoc and I had totally no idea which model to get. Thanks to the flood of people, I really wanted to get it over with. Decided to get the Compaq F762AU as reviewed by Winghon. However, the main reason would be that Winghon had already downloaded all the drivers for the machine. A real time saver.


Compaq F762AU


The HP booth was packed with people. I didn't even have the chance to get their attention not to mention ask any questions. Well, noticing that the rest of the guys in front were either bargaining or asking questions, I just said out loud that I wanted that unit. I got an immediate response. Really good service indeed.

The rest of the fair was really suffocating. And a waste of time if you are not looking for something specific. I bought another two external drives along the way and when I was done, I was totally worn out.

I then had to collect something from a friend who was at the HP booth, which was in the 2nd hall (out of 7 halls if I recall correctly). By this time, the crowd was at its maximum and even a short distance felt like a mile. After picking up my stuff, no thanks to the fucked up layout, I had to go through all the halls again, struggling through the horde of never ending people. I could hardly feel my legs.

When it was over, I was totally drained. Mind, body and soul.

Never again shall I step into a PC fair.

Never.


1 comment:

wonng123 said...

dimsum, how to download the drivers from the megaupload... or anybody can help me? plz...