Monday, May 23, 2005

My Long weekend

It had been quite a busy and interesting weekend for me. It had been a while since I was this occupied. Okay, let’s see, where should I start…

Let’s start a little way back…say the 20th of May.

It was a Friday night and I reached home late tired from work. I was resting on my bed when Laurent, my housemate walked to the hall ( yea, I sleep in the hall due to my pretty hot room).

“Come, let’s go for a drink!”

“Tired lar. I have to work tomorrow!”

“Sob, sob. Nobody remembers my birthday.”



We did not go out for a drink that night.

=======================================

The next morning, I started planning to give Laurent a reluctant surprise party. Got some of the gang online in a conference and we discussed on how to give him a surprise. But then, they were more interested in shopping and lunch and dinner but not Laurent. LOL.

Anyhow, we gathered at Sungai Wang and we did the surprise which wasn’t really surprising. Just a cake which read “Happy Birthday Dude.” Told you it was a reluctant surprise party. Anyway, this was the first time we managed to gather all of the gang( Ng from Shah Alam, NEO WHO ESPECIALLY CAME DOWN FROM PENANG (APPLAUSE, CHEER), Meiseen from Ampang, Evelyn from PJ and Laurent from Puchong) since the last gathering and it was fun. Our conversation this time was more focused towards work where we shared all the funny and interesting things we encountered at work. But we did not leave out the crapping which is forever in our conversation. After that, we went our own directions. Laurent and his gal went somewhere, the guys went to Low Yat and the gals went shopping.

So much for our big gathering.


=======================================

Soon, everyone went back and only Eve, Wing Hon and I were left there. We were planning to go for Cyndi Wang Xin Ling’s mini concert. Oh yea! Finally I get to attend a concert of “someone” famous.

When we got there, the whole place was bursting with people. And to think that we joked that there might be nobody. Did not know she was that famous. I hate places which are flooded with people. The place was so hot and humid where everyone were cramped together. Sweated like a pig and felt kind of uncomfortable. But heck, I was already there, so I might as well make it worthwhile.

Cyndi came late. I was saying out loud that she had a diarrhea and at that instant I could feel that many eyes were looking at me and Wing Hon and Eve pretended to be strangers. So much for friend’s support. She came soon later and started singing a few songs. Everyone were like so wild and kept on cheering. So I decided to join. I gave out a hair raising howl and I noticed that no one at my area were cheering. Eve and Wing Hon once again became strangers. The guy in front of me turned and gave me a you-howl-one-more-time-and-i-will-kill-you look. I kept howling. Eve and Wing Hon now went deeper into the crowd.


=======================================

Later on, I sent Eve home and went to fetch Wing Hon at the station. He was going to put up at my place coz we decided to attend a Magic The Gathering: Saviors of Kamigawa sealed deck tournament the next morning. It’s been like some time since we last played, so we had a crash course till early in the morning.

Had a few hours of sleep and off we went to the tournament.

We were given one tournament pack and 3 booster packs to begin with. From there, we had to register all the cards and construct the deck in half an hour. I was taking my own sweet time and soon found out that there was no more time. Panic. Started throwing in cards just to complete the deck and the tournament started. With such a unplanned deck, obviously I lost the first 2 games badly. Then I tuned the deck a bit and improved for a draw and a win for the remaining two games. Was a pretty new experience and it was kinda interesting for me.

Won posters and booster packs and now our Magic cards increased by the hundreds.


=======================================

My dad came down for the weekend to send my brother off to college. Starting this Tuesday at the Tunku Abdul Rahman College.

Had a lot of good food and shopped for some stuff. Got some blinds, mattress and fan to add to the room. Fixed the railings for the curtains and hanged up the curtains. However, the room is still hot as ever.

Was planning to move to the room soon, but still considering as the room is a furnace.


=======================================

Guess that's all bout my weekend. The problems with long weekends, it takes me a pretty long time to write it in office. Guess I should be getting back to work now.

=======================================

Here are the pics:


Birthday boy Posted by Hello


Power Ranger scums who appeared as the opening Posted by Hello


Cyndi Posted by Hello


Cyndi2 Posted by Hello


Upskirt Posted by Hello

1 comment:

Angry Panda said...

Ah...i did mention the whole gang man...okok....edit edit...