Thursday, June 02, 2005

Buzy buzy buzy

I guess it had been some time since i last updated my blog.

But now my work doesn't just involve the computer. Had been going out a lot lately as the magazine's photographer. My first photography session was at the National Science Centre to photograph a camp for an upcoming magazine. Sounds professional huh. But the company only provided a Panasonic Lumix. Was hoping for a SLR to play around with.

My first job as a photographer was a memorable one. The kids were just so adorable and cute - not a single trace of shyness in front of the camera. Posing around cheerfully and laughing at everything they do. Really enjoyed myself.

... starting to sound like the other MJ.

The other session was to supervise a photography session. It was taken by a professional photographer and I was wondering what was my reason of my existence there. I guess I had to guide the photographer towards the direction the magazine was heading. Was a pretty good experience too. Seeing how he take the pictures and all. Didnt know that professional photography required so many equiptments. The lights, the shades, lenses, laptop, cables and stuff. Even the tripod weight like dunno how heavy. The best of part of it was...we were shooting dishes for a recipe section of the magazine. After shooting, the food were ours to savour.

My colleague (the guy whom i fetched to work and got his shoe burnt on my exhaust) got sacked the other day. A slow chap and the boss said that he was too slow for the company. Felt kinda sad about it but then nothing I could do. Thanks to him, all the work he was in charge of was passed down to me. So, that is the reason for me not updating my blog as frequent.

4 comments:

Angry Panda said...

muahahaha...its the survival of the fittest!! Jungle stlye!

@EventBuds said...

Devilish~!! You actually took part in having a guy sacked in your first job. WELL DONE :P
(making you feel bad too)

Angry Panda said...

sob sob...whats with everyone...i even tried protecting him.....sigh

Anonymous said...

"... starting to sound like the other MJ."
haahhahaha