Sunday, June 05, 2005

Healthy Lifestyle

Upon hearing about my friend, Meiseen who finally decided to choose the path of a healthy lifestyle, I looked at my double chin and bulging belly. The time has come. It was a do or die situation.

So, before the roosters could crow, I woke up at 6 on a SUNDAY morning. Went over to fetch Eve and we headed for Subang lake, a popular jogging place that I know. There were already many people there. Old folks doing tai-chi, young parents with kids tagging along, and even ‘cun’ chicks jogging around the lake.

We started with a brisk walk, slowly quickening the pace to a slow jog and soon a quick jog. The jogs were pretty short but it got all the sweat out. It’s been a while since I sweated this much and it felt good. Wasn’t really in the proper attire and had problem jogging actually. I wore a 1.5kg three quarter pants with 2 handphones, whole ring of keys,wallet and purse in it, and basketball shoes as footwear. All this added weight to an already weighty person made jogging heavy. Anyway, made just 3 rounds around the lake and we decided to leave.

After that, Eve kept asking me to bring her for breakfast somewhere in Overseas Union Garden (O.U.G) till I finally gave in. There, I ordered a bowl of curry noodles and she ordered a large bowl of pork noodles (where half of it went to me), and pastries (karipap, egg-tart, and some kuih – where she stuffed most of it to me).

Ended up with a bigger belly and a fatter chin. So much for my healthy lifestyle.

2 comments:

@EventBuds said...

Man... you never change. ahaha.. keep the spirit alive! :P

Anonymous said...

don't keep blaming me that i stuff so much thing for u! Don't forget you are a big eater.. heeh :P