Sunday, June 26, 2005

Friday and Saturday Night Fever

A couple of old classmates came up to KL and we had a small gathering. On Friday night, was hoping to shoot some hoops but these guys were all geared up for futsal. Thinking of soccer reminds me of University days where those bastards would just assign me to be goalkeeper. And thinking further, it has been like that since primary school. Bastards! Anyhow, was kinda excited as Ive never had a try at Futsal before.

Met at a futsal centre at Kelana Jaya. The rest were wearing indoor soccer boots and there I was in my Iverson shoes. Anyhow the game went on and I guess it wasnt my type of game. Didnt give me much excitement nor thrill. Anyhow, you ve got to try something before you can say you like it or not. Hate those ppl who comment on something which they have never even tried before. But it was a good gathering I would say. Meeting up with old friends and reviving the good old days.

On Saturday night, we gathered again. This time, we were going to Klang for some seafood. Nothing much to mention about the food as it was kinda normal if not bad. But tried a new kind of alchohol there. They called it something like coconut wine. It was fermented coconut milk i think. It tasted sour and disgusting. But we were supposed to add it with some Guiness Stout. After adding, it was not bad. Quite nice in fact. Tasted like beer which wasnt that bitter and had a dash of sourness. Later found out that they called it 'tuak' in Chinese.

Then after that, we went to Halo cafe in Sunway. The singers there were quite good I would say but the service there was terrible. Waited for at least an hour before our drinks came.

They proceeded for Mahjong but I was too beat to carry on with them.

Had some complimentary tickets for the show Batman Begins. Its been a while since I last enjoyed a movie. Found it pretty good. Full of action and excitement.

"The ugliest bat-mobile that I have ever seen."

When Lobak said that, I was wondering how bad it could get. But I couldnt agree more when I saw it myself. But I thought it was kinda cool. Batman driving a tank...

1 comment:

Laurent said...

the coconut wine is called tuak. quite famous in penang mah... ask neo to get some when he comes down.