Sunday, October 16, 2005

24

As a song goes "You Win Some, You Lose Some, ...", the same applies in life. After switching shifts with a colleague, I won a full Saturday worth of fun but in an hours time, I would have already spent 24 hours in the office.

Somehow I managed to turn the office into my home. A make shift mattress made of firm sponges felt no different from a real mattress. My clothes, wet from the earlier rain, hangs around various places in the office, a hot mug of chocolate was always there to warm the body up in the freezing air con room, the sound of my favourite songs being played to kill the dreadful silence of the night. It almost felt like home. Maybe better thanks to the internet and phone. The only difference was not being to bath. Sad but true, I havent bath for the last 24 hours and I am pretty uncomfortable now.

Had been surfing around, played some Zelda, thrashed a colleague (someone in a different company but sharing the same office space) in KOF - muahaha really brings back memories, taking many naps and reading papers and stuff. My sleeping cycle is now in a total mess. I am really alert now when it is supposed to be my sleep time. Life feels pretty disorientated at the moment. Oh. Did I mention about work? There wasnt any work at all. For the last 24 hours, there was only one case. And that was during my colleague's shift. Wonder what is the reason for my existence here anyway.

The only thing I found out last night was that there is a siren for the network room in case a power failure occurs. The bloody thing woke me up. I slept with the lights on and suddenly the bloody siren started ringing. It was sooo loud that it could wake the dead and it flashed a spinning red light like those of a huge trailer. It took me a while to realize what was happening. Red lights spinning acroos the room, the sounds of the siren and the darkness really made me feel disorientated. Luckily there was someone else there who knows about the siren (it was his job actually to standby for such cases).

Urgh~! My head now feels like splitting. And I feel like puking. And it is Monday once more.

No comments: