Monday, October 17, 2005

the world aint so bad after all...

Just finished supper with a friend and we headed back to office. I went up ahead and suddenly my friend called me saying that his tyre busted (see, car tyres gets punctured too!). I made a U-turn to help him out only to find a few villagers already helping him. Clad only in their sarung, they were already jacking the car up.

Basically they did everything. They jacked up the car, removed the tyre and fixed the tyre back. They did some small talk, asking where we were from and where to. I couldnt help thinking that this people just wanted some cash by helping us.

Ended up, when my friend offered them some money as gratitude, they refused to take even a cent. I was really really suprised. I guess it is hard to find honest and helpful strangers nowadays. In fact, I felt ashamed to have such thinking.

There are still good people out there...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They still need you to step open the nuts right?

Angry Panda said...

haha nope! he managed to step onto it himself. a fat ass himself...