Sunday, October 16, 2005

Formula 1

Never have I enjoyed this so called sport. I never enjoyed the race a single bit ever since secondary school. Classmates would gather and talk about how exciting the game was but this was one thing I never took interest in.

Just now a colleague asked me out for lunch and to watch the final F1 race of the season. I was hungry and bored so I followed. Had lunch and then the race started. There were a few other fans there discussing the race in pure excitement. I was bored. I counted down lap per lap. 56 extremely long laps. It felt like forever. For a moment, it felt like meditation and I almost attained nirvana. The other fans were full of emotions. One seemed pretty sad and expressed his disappointment when Michael Shumacher was forced to retire. I was thinking of how many times does a driver piss in his pants by the time the race is over.

I cannot describe my feelings when the race ended. It was pure joy that I felt. I will never watch F1 again.

No comments: