Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Books

Haven’t been much of a reader. Guess the drastic change of lifestyle forced me to a corner -to pick up a book. Let me try to recall the books I actually finished reading (most I finished after graduation).

- Orchid (a biography on the earlier days of the Empress Dowager).
- Rich Dad Poor Dad.
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.
- Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince.
- Some Hustler e-books that I got from Neo.

And being a cheapskate, I’ve always thought that books were expensive and not worth my money. Yea, all the books listed above are borrowed. And as you can see from the list, I am more into kid’s books (except for the Hustler series of course). Well, being a simple guy, I am into books that are simple and easy to understand.

As far as I can recall, I have only bought two books in my life. I bought the whole set of LOTR novels and a John Grisham book titled The Broker. For the LOTR novels, I got them while I was still hyped up about the movie and the game. One of my bad habits where I always tend to be rubbish collector. Didn’t finish a single novel as the English was complicated and I haven’t developed the reading habit at that time. Now they are somewhere collecting dust in some storeroom.

The Broker is a new book that I bought a couple of weeks ago. Dropped by a Popular book store, picked a random book which attracted me and paid for it. Took me 3 weeks and a couple of hours to finish it. The first ¾ of the book was extremely slow, draggy and boring and I took 3 weeks to get pass it. The other ¼ was the climax of the book and I finished it in a while. Overall, The Broker made me broker by 30 bucks. Crappy book. Perhaps I should just stick to comics and mangas.

Another pointless entry.

No comments: