Monday, December 12, 2005

Chronicles Of Kanina

Okay...okay...the movie wasnt as bad as the title given.

Meiseen finally called me out as a last resort as her friend cancelled out her plans. Now I know how it feels to be leftovers. Sigh~! Sob~! Anyway, being ever so bored and lifeless, any invitation (including one to hell) was too tempting to reject. Wait...or was I the one who asked her out...Anyway,moving on...

We agreed to meet at Midvalley. Being a gentleman and not wanting to be late, I arrived there an hour earlier. God knew that Meiseen was gonna be two hours late and He didnt tell me. So, I ended up waiting for like 3 torturous hours. 3 hours...lemme try to recall what I did during the period where I tried to stay sane.

I decided to get the tickets for Narnia. And as you know, the cinemas in Midvalley are always filled to the brim, all the way to the back. I started queueing up from the very back of the ever so huge hall. Felt as if I was a part of the Great Wall of China. Took me an hour to get to the front. And at the front, I noticed people trying to get people who had been in line the whole day to buy tickets for them. I was irritated at the sight of them.

Battle in my head:

Stranger: Excuse me sir. Can you help me get tickets?
Me: Fuck off. It wont be fair to every god damned person here who was in line for hours and now you just cut in and think you're smart? GET BACK TO THE LINE AND BE AT LEAST ETHICAL!!!!!

What Really Happened:

Stranger: Excuse me sir. Can you please get me 2 tickets for ..
Me: F~..
Stranger: ..Narnia. I will give you 5 bucks for it.
Me: Sure.

I am such a low life. I am so cheap. Sniff.

Got the tickets and spent a while looking around before I got bored. For the first time, I really regretted not bringing my camera. The whole midvalley was so nicely set up that I began to hum a Christmas tune. Went to MPH and managed to finish reading a whole book when the gal finally arrived.

We went directly to Chilis. Havent had a single bite the whole day and I couldnt feel my stomach anymore. Had the usual lamb which still tastes so good till today. Wanted to try out the other stuff badly but the temptation of the lamb was just overwhealming. After embarassing Meiseen and pissing the waitress off by drinking 7 cups of fruit juice, it was time for the show. I drank so much tomato juice that for a moment, I thought I saw my urine red.

Narnia...it was not bad. It was much better than Harry Potter I would say. The animation and cg was pretty good. Well, it was a kid's show, so hell, I lowered my expectations and it turned up pretty good. In fact it was pretty funny when I blended it up with my imagination. Pissed the guy sitting next to me by laughing to myself. Would like to stress again that it was a kid's show.

Oh. And Meiseen bought the book after the movie. Kiddo.

That was all for the day and I was exhausted after that. Bad news was...work started at midnight for me. And some case turned up and I just finished fixing it (transferring the case actually) and Im now blogging this on some user's PC. Could really do with some sleep.

Urgh~! Back to hell.


No comments: