Monday, April 03, 2006

Visit to the grave

I'm alive.

Survived my first outstation bike trip. Made it safe and sound to Malacca and back. Was just like any normal bike ride, but the only difference was the ammount of static electricity I collected in my body. It was enough to zap down a passing fly or insect. All body hair was standing on its edge and I felt all tingly and pricky.

Was back in Malacca for Ching Ming. The main reason was for the good food prepared as I'd had enough of crappy hawker food. Good food that made me feel alive. The other reason was coz I felt a bit guilty of not knowing where the graves of my ancestors were. It'd been years since the last time I came to a graveyard. The atmosphere was somehow rather jovial. Sounds of Paddle-pop music, firecrackers and fireworks filled the place. Peddlers selling ice cream and drinks could be seen everywhere. Any occasion could be used as a day to do business. I'm selling lottery at the graveyard next Ching Ming.

Here are some random pics I took throughout the trip.


Our promised land


Some ant nest at the graveyard



Highway View 1


Highway View 2


Highway View 3




1 comment:

luciensteil said...

Hallo,

This is a beautiful landscaping. Could you give me more details of the siting, architect and project name..Or is this an older design? I would also like to have your permission to use these pictures in Katarxis, my web journl on architecture? Do you have other pics of your bike trip??

Kind regards