Wednesday, November 16, 2005

The A380 Air Bus

Finally, the most anticipated plane of the millenium touched down in KLIA - the A380 air bus. The largest passenger jet of all time was here. Right here in KLIA. With the capacity for 840 passengers, this giant really made the Boeing 747 look like a toy. My colleagues were pretty excited about it. For me, I was just like, "Oh new plane, wow..." The only plane I was interested in was my own aeroplane.

Anyhow, it wasnt something you see everyday so I was kinda into it as well. Finally, I am able to go into the hangar to snap pictures of the place without feeling stupid or watched. Remembered trying to take pictures of the planes the first day I started working, and I was warned by my friend to stop if I didnt want my camera smashed up.

Alright, ignore the crappy intro and enjoy the pictures.


A huge crowd welcoming the plane. I guess all operations for KLIA cargo must have stunted during this period of time.

 
Another view of the giant

 
My private jet

 
Found this short truck really cute. It started to emit smokes when it started to pull the air bus into the hangar.

 
Wonder what water do they collect with this


 
The hangar's water canons for fire emergency

 
Started having my shower here when the water at hostel got cut off

 
A photon canon

 
Sticking of MAS designs.

 
Touching up of MAS logo

 
Side view of the A380

 
Our tailo looking small beside a plane's engine (not the A380)

 
More views of the hangar

 
The A380's head which looks like a dolphin to me. My colleague said it looks like a turtle.

 
Other planes

 
More pictures of hangar...

 
Photograph of colleague photographing

 
Nose of some small Boeing

Most of the pictures turned out pretty bad due to the poor lighting. I just hate night photography. Anyhow, hope you enjoyed the pictures.


6 comments:

Angry Panda said...

haha too bad man. the 747 was parked in front of the A380 and I didnt feel like walking so far away to get a clear pic of both. besides, it was night photographing. Terrible.

Anonymous said...

saw the ad on the airbus on newspaper today

Angry Panda said...

yea, the place was filled with photographers. professional ones as well. guess they were from the press.

Anonymous said...

can't u adjust the ISO for night photography?

Anonymous said...

wonder how they deliver such a huge plane :-?

Angry Panda said...

haha ure talking about a flying plane there.